Pool Safety Rules
Ensuring the safety of everyone at the facility is of the utmost importance, and it is the primary job of the pool staff including, but not limited to, the Manager on Duty, lifeguards, and attendants. In the event of an injury, please report the incident to an HHRC staff member immediately.
HHRC Staff enforce the following rules. All members and guests shall obey any instructions from staff, and show them proper respect and cooperation at all times. Failure to do so can result in being asked to leave or revocation of membership.
- Children 8 years old and younger are not permitted in the pool area without adult supervision.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited on pool grounds.
- No gum, food, or drink of any kind is permitted while in the pool.
- No diving in the 3ft and 4ft areas.
- Flipping off the side of the pool is strictly prohibited at all times.
- Horseplay in and out of the water is prohibited.
- Inappropriate language is not permitted.
- Throwing balls/toys across the pool is prohibited at all times.
- Only balls intended for pool use are permitted in the pool and on the pool grounds. (For example, no baseballs, footballs, tennis balls, etc.)
- Swimmers are permitted in the water while it is raining- If thunder or lightning is witnessed all swimmers must clear the pool area for 30 minutes. Every time thunder or lightning is witnessed it is an additional 30 minutes.
- Swimmers are not permitted to sit on one another’s shoulders at any time.
- Squirt guns are not permitted in the pool at any time.
- No dunking of any kind will be tolerated.
- Baby pool is reserved for guests 6 years old and under.
Safety in the 12 ft area:
- Diving off the side of the pool is only permitted in the 12ft during free swim, which is called by the on duty lifeguard.
- Diving in the 12ft is only permitted with arms in the correct diving position.
- Only one person is permitted on the ladder and on the diving board at a time.
- It is required that you wait until the previous swimmer has reached the ladder before jumping off the diving board.
- When using the diving boards it is required you swim and exit the pool from the ladder on the corresponding side of the pool.
- Once you reach the ladder in the 12ft after using the diving board, exit the pool immediately.
- No balls are permitted in the 12ft while swimmers are using the diving boards
- Flipping off the diving boards is permitted at the lifeguard’s discretion
- No competitive diving is permitted at any time
- Goggles are prohibited while using either of the diving boards
- Floats of any kind are not permitted when using the diving boards unless a parent is in the water to catch the child
- Parents are only permitted to catch their children off the diving board during rest period